After buying gifts and developing the Christmas menu, the question of wine then arises. How do you find a bottle of wine that will please everyone and go perfectly with the festive meal? Red wines, white wines, rosé wines or sparkling wines, we help you choose the bottles of wine that will delight everyone at Christmas .
Grands Crus Classés: sure values on holiday tables
At Christmas, we often go all out and offer quality dishes. This is the ideal time to take out your bottles of great classified wines . Rest assured, no need to break the bank to please yourself, you can turn to second wines , whose berries have not been selected for a grand cru, but which still benefit from the same terroir and the same knowledge -TO DO.
Here is a small selection of second wines which will ensure a perfect pairing with your festive dishes:
- A second wine from Margaux : served with traditional turkey and truffle puree, this red wine from the Médoc appellation with aromas of red fruits will work wonders;
- A wine from Sauternes : one of the party wines par excellence, this syrupy and sweet white wine can be enjoyed with a toast of foie gras with gingerbread or with Roquefort;
- A wine from Graves : these red wines from Bordeaux with aromas of red fruits will dazzle your guests and enhance your mature cheeses;
- A wine from the Saint-Émilion appellation: the aromas of black fruits of this fine and round red wine will accompany a chocolate log or an aged cheese;
- A wine from Pauillac : let's forget the very famous but expensive Mouton-Rotschild, but let's enjoy the full-bodied and robust red wines from Pauillac. If you are serving game at Christmas, these wines will make you forget the traditional turkey missing from the meal;
- A Chablis : this white wine from Burgundy is a must. Served with smoked salmon, its aromas of dried fruits and honey will be unanimous;
- A wine from the Chassagne-Montrachet appellation: ideal for festive meals, this opulent and bold wine offers woody aromas and notes of exotic fruits that will make your mouth water when paired with roast poultry, salmon smoked, or a cheese with character.
Why not serve Provence wine at Christmas?
Among all the wine regions of France, Provence brings that touch of sunshine that can be missing at Christmas. This is the ideal opportunity to enjoy a rosé wine , a white wine or a fresh red wine which will reveal the full expression of a rich and sunny terroir.
Discover our selection of Provence wines for Christmas :
- Ultimate Provence White 2021 - AOP Côtes de Provence: in its unique bottle, this white wine from Provence surprises with its freshness and its aromas of citrus and pepper. It will work wonders with a seafood platter;
- Origin Rosé 202 2 - AOP Côtes de Provence: this organic rosé wine guarantees you happy holidays thanks to its tasty aromas of crunchy stone fruits, mint and spices;
- Esprit Méditerranée Rosé 2021 - IGP Méditerranée: this new cuvée from Bern seduces with its generosity, its notes of fresh summer fruits and its aromas of red fruits;
- Sparkling rosé Berne Brut Nature : party wine par excellence, this sparkling rosé wine is a natural brut white whose flavors of Granny apple and red fruits will be allies with the aperitif, and why not, with dessert;
- Ultimate Provence Rouge 2019 - AOP Côtes de Provence: as soon as this bottle of wine appears on the table, the effect is there. In the glass, this modern and elegant red wine shines with aromas of red fruits and spices.
The Christmas menu is ready, all you have to do is choose the wines ? You now have a nice selection of vintages that will certainly impress guests. Visit the Domaine de Berne online store to stock up on good bottles before Christmas .