Valentine's Day is an opportunity to celebrate the love between a couple. During this day dedicated to love, gifts are sometimes exchanged, and a good meal is shared. Now is the perfect time to uncork a good bottle of wine. Here are some tips for choosing a wine for Valentine's Day .
Champagne, the sure value for festive moments
The bottle of Champagne is undeniably part of the Valentine's Day love ritual. A small glass of sparkling wine offers a chic and elegant side to the meal, while allowing you to enjoy the refreshing bubbles ideal to accompany the meal.
For lovers' celebration, take out your most beautiful flutes, or ideally, your crystal glasses, and serve your loved one a quality Champagne. For the occasion, many producers are making promotional offers of special vintages or boxes of Champagne for Valentine's Day .
If you want to get off the beaten track, you can also opt for a rosé Champagne or a Crémant.
White wine for a romantic meal
If we traditionally think of serving red wine with a meal, know that white wines can work wonders, from starter to dessert. You can then guide your choice of wine bottles according to the dishes, to ensure a quality food and wine pairing.
- With white meat or fish: a dry white wine with fruity aromas;
- With sweet/savoury dishes: a white wine from Alsace, both sweet and very aromatic;
- With vegetables: a slightly sweet white wine, such as pinot blanc or muscat;
- With red meat: wines made from the Pinot Noir grape variety;
- With noble dishes (foie gras, lobster, etc.): a dense and sweet white wine, like a Condrieu or a Châteauneuf-du-Pape.
Red wines for lovers
Wine lovers will be irrepressibly drawn to a good bottle of red wine . Then present, on your romantic table, a red wine that is sure to please your other half. If you are new to this, it is better to turn to modest red wines , which will present a beautiful freshness and delicious aromas of red fruits. Burgundy red wine is then a safe bet.
If you are both lovers of good red wines, then you can take advantage of the opportunity to uncork a good bottle of more prestigious wine . The complexity of the aromas will, however, encourage you to serve them with dishes of character.
Rosé wine, Valentine’s favorite
If you want to be original, why not choose a bottle of rosé wine to serve to your other half? With its fruit aromas and beautiful freshness, rosé wine is one of women's favorite wines, but it also has the advantage of pairing with many dishes.
The wines of Provence are a benchmark in this area, offering both fresh and fruity rosé wines and more sophisticated vintages. You can then easily enjoy a rosé wine box or a special bottle, to accompany your entire Valentine's Day menu.
Wine for Valentine's Day: mistakes to avoid
Serving wine at the table can sometimes be a perilous exercise. Therefore, it is advisable to ensure the success of your romantic meal by serving bottles that are sure to please.
- Avoid prestige vintages if the other person knows nothing about them;
- Don't go for a wine with a strong character if you're not sure that someone else will appreciate it;
- Always serve the wine at the right temperature , to fully enjoy the aromas;
- Make sure you have a judicious food and wine pairing , so as not to spoil the dish.
If we want to get into more intimate considerations, avoid, of course, serving your ex's favorite vintage... Or, don't mention it during the meal!
Our selection of rosé wines from Provence for Valentine’s Day
Even if it means serving a rosé wine for your Valentine's Day meal , you might as well turn to quality vintages. Here are the rosé wines to taste with your eyes closed on the evening of February 14.
- La Grande Cuvée rosé - Château de Berne - 2021 - AOP Côtes de Provence : with its complex aromas of exotic fruits, citrus fruits and stone fruits, this rosé wine from organic farming offers a harmonious marriage with fish and Provençal dishes;
- Terres de Berne rosé - Château de Berne - 2021 - AOC Côtes de Provence : this very fruity rosé wine is an organic wine with notes of peach, mango and grapefruit. It will work wonders as an aperitif, with Southern cuisine, and even with Asian flavors;
- Ultimate Provence rosé - 2021 - AOP Côtes de Provence : this beautiful bottle of rosé reveals complex and bold aromas of exotic fruits and lemon, as well as floral notes. You can then serve it with modern cuisine or seafood.
For the perfect romantic dinner, your Valentine's Day meal should be accompanied by a good bottle of wine. Head to our online store to find the perfect wine for February 14 .