Why not take advantage of summer to dive into the heart of Provence and let yourself be seduced by exceptional wines? Because, if this region of southern France is known for its sun and its breathtaking landscapes, its vineyards are also the cradle of French wines. Let's go and discover Provence differently, through its tasty wines.
Discover Provence and its region
How can we talk about Provence without mentioning its beautiful heavenly beaches of fine sand, its fragrant lavender fields and its beautiful picturesque villages? It must be said that its setting and its sun, between sea and mountains, have something to seduce even the most insensitive.
During a stay in Provence , you have the choice between the beaches of the Côte d'Azur, the nature of the national parks (Calanques national park, Mercantour national park, etc.), the historical monuments and Roman remains of the large cities, or even the small picturesque villages of the hinterland.
Spread across the Hautes-Alpes, the Alpes-Maritimes, the Var and the Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, the Provence region is incredibly rich, and its art of living is inimitable. The more sporty will be delighted by the hiking trails, the sea activities and the thousands of opportunities to have fun and experience thrills. The most peaceful will delight in the song of the cicadas and the Mediterranean climate, by the sea, by the swimming pool, or in the shade of a dense forest. As for the more festive, Saint-Tropez, Canne, Marseille, or even Nice will seduce them with their dynamism.
What activities should you plan for during your vacation in Provence this summer?
In Provence, there is something for everyone. From moderate sporting activity to thrills, including traditional Provençal relaxation or cultural discoveries, everyone will find what they are looking for in this exciting region. Here are some ideas for outings to plan in Provence this summer:
- The coves of Marseille and Cassis , with their hiking trails, their maritime cliffs and their azure blue sea;
- The small villages of Provence which have always inspired the greatest artists, such as Aix-en-Provence or Collioure;
- Arles , the capital of the Camargue, with its Roman and Roman remains listed as world heritage;
- The Pont du Gard , classified as a UNESCO historical heritage site;
- Avignon , its Palais des Papes and the very famous Avignon Bridge, whose historic center is classified as a world heritage site;
- The Old Port of Marseille , the historic port of Mediterranean France, in operation for more than 2,600 years;
- Green Provence , with its rivers, its waterfalls, its medieval villages with stone houses with colorful facades and its magnificent landscapes ideal for walking...
This is just a quick overview of all the opportunities available to you in Provence. There is no doubt that you will be able to fully enjoy the beautiful landscapes and riches of the region without ever getting bored.
Stay in Provence in the heart of exceptional vineyards
If you are interested in the history of Provence, and if you are a wine lover, why not consider your stay in Provence from the perspective of oenology? Several wine estates welcome you for an unforgettable experience.
Stay at Château Saint-Roux to discover Provence
Located in the heart of Provence, in the Natura 2000 natural area, the Saint-Roux estate is a historic 15th century farm with multiple activities focused on nature and organic farming.
Far from daily stress, the eco resort welcomes you for a stay in the heart of the organic vineyard , in a Provençal ecolodge with classic rooms and family rooms that look like a little paradise on earth.
Between two visits to the estate, the Table de Saint-Roux invites you to discover Provençal cuisine , prepared by the chef using fresh, seasonal products grown in the estate's organic vegetable garden, or by local producers. This is the opportunity to taste the vineyard's delicious organic wines, goat's cheeses and all the Provence products made on site.
Stay at the Château de Berne to discover Provence
Are you dreaming of calm, luxury and relaxation for your next vacation? The Château de Berne is the bubble of Provençal sweetness that you need. The 5-star Relais & Châteaux hotel is the ideal destination to break away from everyday life and experience a few moments of pure happiness.
You will then have the pleasure of staying in a luxurious room with a view of the vineyard or the lavender fields, and of taking advantage of all the hotel's services: Cinq Mondes spa, outdoor swimming pool, tennis court, library, meeting room. fitness...
And to complete your experience, discover refined Provençal cuisine at the Michelin-starred restaurant Le Jardin de Berne , sip a small wine from the estate at the bar, or enjoy more relaxed and friendly gastronomy at the Bistrot or Olivier de Berne.
Stay at Ultimate Provence to discover Provence
Experience a chic and uninhibited adventure by going to the Ultimate Provence estate , 30 minutes from the Gulf of Saint-Tropez. The 4-star UP hotel & spa is an invitation to relaxation and celebration, in a setting combining tradition and modernity with elegance and good taste.
You will then stay in a beautiful spacious room, fully equipped and decorated with refinement, and will enjoy all the best that Provence has to offer you: its gastronomy, its wines, and its peaceful lifestyle at the hotel's beach club. .
Gourmets can indulge themselves in the estate's gourmet restaurant , where the chef will concoct elegant, chic and colorful cuisine.
Provence is coming to your home!
And if you can't come to Provence this summer, then Provence will come to you, thanks to our selection of local Provençal products .
Treat yourself to our Provence grocery products
With its sunny vegetables, its Mediterranean cuisine and its olive groves as far as the eye can see, Provence is a rich land that offers tasty traditional dishes . Here is a small selection of local products to enjoy this summer with a good glass of Provence wine.
- Tapenades : the olive is a symbol in Provence, and the Maison de la Tapenade works this small fruit with delight and greed. Let yourself be tempted by black tapenade, green tapenade or Provençal tapenade made by Virginie and Bruno Fratellia;
- Pistou and parmesan AOP croquets : near Mont Ventoux, in Drôme Provençale, La Biscuiterie de Provence works with local products to produce tasty biscuits and cakes. For your aperitifs, don't miss these delicious pesto and parmesan croquets, to accompany a good glass of rosé wine from Provence;
- Olive oils : if the Berne estate is renowned for its white wines, red wines and rosé wines, it is also known for its olive oils made from the fruits of the estate's olive groves and local products. Fall for olive oil flavored with truffle, for olive oil flavored with basil and pine nuts, or for olive oil flavored with fennel, anise and lemon, and sublimate them all your dishes in the blink of an eye.
Accompany your summer aperitif with our rosé wines from Provence
To accompany your tapenade toasts and pesto crunchies, nothing better than an excellent wine from our estates in the Provençal hinterland .
- Ultimate Provence rosé - AOP Côtes de Provence - 2022: with its beautiful pale pink color, its freshness, its aromas of exotic fruits and its floral notes, this rosé wine seduces with its complexity and accompanies the most daring cuisines;
- Esprit Méditerranée rosé - IGP Méditerranée - 2022: light and round on the palate, this rosé wine is as refreshing as it is generous. We love its summer fruit notes, especially when they accompany a barbecue or an aperitif;
- Origin rosé - AOP Côtes de Provence - 2022: this organic wine from the Berne estate has won several medals. It must be said that its freshness, its beautiful balance and its fruity aromas of vine peach and apricot make it an exceptional wine to be enjoyed with fusion cuisine, poultry or Mediterranean dishes;
- Château des Bertrands white - AOP Côtes de Provence - 2020: this white wine from organic farming reveals aromas of exotic fruits and white-fleshed fruits. Reflecting the richness of the warm Mediterranean climate, this white wine works wonders with fish or fresh goat's cheese;
- Terres de Berne red - AOP Côtes de Provence - 2020: expressive and fresh, this red wine from Provence is aged in oak barrels, for greater finesse and structure. We then like its notes of black fruits and spices, aromas which go very well with a Provençal aperitif or Southern cuisine.
Are you planning to travel to the South this summer? Stop in Provence to enjoy a dream stay in the calm and warmth of our estates. The activities, gastronomy and wines will only seduce you and help you discover or rediscover all the beauty of Provence .