Each year, the Provence wines competition Rewards the best rosé, white and red wines in AOC Côtes-de-Provence, AOC Coteaux Varois-en-Provence, AOC Coteaux d'Aix-en-Provence. In 2022, nearly 800 samples competed for the first places. Discover the results of the competition.
What is the Contest of Provence Wines?
The CIVP association brings together traders and winegrowers of the Varois-en-Provence, Côtes-de-Provence and Coteaux of Aix-en-Provence Coteaux appellations, and aims to Promote Provence wines And the know-how of winegrowers, through various promotion and communication actions.
The Contest of Provence Wines is one of those events that honor the Provencal wine -growing terroir and the work of the winegrowers.
This very serious event in the world of wine is placed under the rigorous control of the DRCCRF (Regional Directorate of Competition, Consumption and the Repression of Fraud), and is part of national wine competition officials identified by the AGCVF (Association of major French wine competitions).
The winners of the Provence 2022 Wine Competition
In this year 2022, the Provence wine competition took place on April 5 and 6, at the Maison des Vins Côtes de Provence, in the commune of Arcs-sur-Argens. The tastings took place around 798 samples, which the jury had to taste blind and assess, to determine what would be the Large winners of the Provence 2022 wines competition.
The List of laureates has therefore been online for some time, and the number of medals awarded testifies, once again, of the quality of the wines of Provence and the know-how of our winegrowers.
The jury for the Provence Wine Competition 2022
the Jury of the Provence Wine Competition included many representatives of the wine sector, but also amateurs:
- 143 Professional tasters;
- Experts from the Center for Research and Experimentation on Rosé Wine;
- Students in Bac Pro Vine et Vin (CFA Arcs-sur-Argens).
They took their mission very at heart, which was to distinguish and assess the 194 wines and 798 samples of Varois-en-Provence Coteaux appellations, Aix-en-Provence Coteaux and Côtes-de-Provence.
The MDCV group: a regular at the Provence Wine Competition
This year again, the MDCV group winegrowers were present at the Provence Wine Competition to put their red wines, rosé wines and white wines. And it’s no surprise that their know-how and the uniqueness of the Provencal terroir were rewarded. Indeed, the MDCV group was awarded 7 medals :
- Gold medal for the castle of Bern, with La Grande Cuvée 2019 (Red wine) ;
- Gold medal for the Château de Bern, with the Grande Cuvée 2019 (Rosé de guard);
- Gold medal for the Ultimate Provence domain, with the cuvée Origin 2021 (Rosé wine) ;
- Silver medal for the castle Saint Roux, with the cuvée Châteaux Saint Roux 2021 (Rosé wine) ;
- Silver medal for the castle of Bern, with the cuvée Château de Berne 2021 (White wine) ;
- Silver medal for the castle of Bern, with the Land of Bern 2021 (White wine) ;
- Bronze medal for the castle of Bern, with the cuvée PUR 2021 (Rosé wine).
the Berne Castle is happy to count among the Best Provence wines, and invites you to discover the richness of the Provençal terroir and the know-how of the winemaker, tasting one of the wines rewarded at Contest of Provence wines 2022.