Preparing for a wedding is quite an adventure. And among the thousand decisions to make, choosing wine for the guests is one of the most difficult. You have to find the best bottles, which will please the greatest number of people, and which will ensure the perfect accompaniment to the festive menu. Here are some tips for finding the best food and wine pairings for your wedding .
Food and wine pairings: the basis for a marriage
Once you have defined the menu for your wedding meal, you can then decide on the choice of wines that will accompany it. The possibilities are numerous, and must be considered according to the dishes that will be served, but also according to your budget. You can then follow a few basic rules to avoid making mistakes:
- Start the meal with the lightest and least sweet wines , because sugar and tannins saturate the taste buds, and risk modifying the perception of the aromas and flavors of the wines and dishes that will follow;
- Match dishes and wines by similarity , by serving, for example, a mineral white wine with seafood, or a fruity wine with fruity recipes;
- Serve a wine from the same region as the dish , such as a Côtes de Provence with ratatouille, because the regional pairing is always a safe bet.
Food and wine pairings throughout the wedding meal
Red wines, rosé wines, white wines and sparkling wines follow one another during the wedding menus, which allows each dish to be adapted to a particular type of wine.
- For the reception : before truly attacking the festivities, the reception is often an opportunity to open a bottle of sparkling wine . Sparkling wine, Crémant and white Champagne are the stars of this cocktail;
- To accompany the starter : the choice of wines for all dishes will depend on the wedding menu. With a starter based on fish or shellfish, dry white wine is ideal. For the rest, it is interesting to choose a light, low-tannin red wine . With foie gras, sweet white wine is an excellent choice;
- To accompany the main course : with red meat or game, you can serve a good bottle of full-bodied red wine , while with white meat or poultry, white wine will be interesting. Finally, dry white wine is a safe bet to accompany fish;
- To accompany the cheese platter : whatever the type of cheese (goat cheese, character cheese, etc.), break out of the classic pairings with red wine, and offer your guests good bottles of mineral white wine ;
- To accompany the dessert : a festive atmosphere requires, the wedding cake or dessert is traditionally accompanied by bubbles. You can then opt for bottles of blanc de blanc Champagne , or for a good bottle of rosé Champagne .
Our selection of wines for your wedding
Wedding preparations are progressing, and have you reached the stage of choosing wines? The Domaine de Berne and the MDCV group offer you a selection of its best bottles of Provence wine :
- Esprit Méditerranée rosé 2021 - IGP Méditerranée : fresh and generous, this rosé from Provence presents notes of fruit and summer fruits, perfect to accompany a starter;
- Sparkling rosé Berne brut nature : ideal for the reception, this sparkling rosé wine is fresh. Its aromas of red fruits and apple are very pleasant as an aperitif, or with a starter;
- Cuvée Pur rosé 2021 from Château de Berne - AOP Côtes de Provence: this organic rosé wine is fruity and delicious. It reveals notes of exotic fruits and stone fruits, and works wonders as an aperitif or starter;
- Terres de Berne red 2020 - AOP Côtes de Provence: this red wine from Provence reveals aromas of black fruits and spices which are particularly pleasant with southern cuisine;
- Terres de Berne rosé 2021 - AOC Côtes de Provence: supple and fruity, this rosé wine from organic farming shines with its freshness and silky grain on the palate. Its citrus notes highlight Provençal cuisine, particularly as a starter;
- Ultimate Provence rosé 2021 - AOP Côtes de Provence: a wonderful accompaniment to dishes based on fish or seafood, this rosé wine from Provence reveals intense aromas of exotic fruits and lemon, as well as bold floral notes. Its elegant signature bottle looks great on the bride's table.
Are you looking for the best food and wine pairings for your wedding ? The wines of Provence offer such variety that they can accompany you throughout this beautiful day, from the reception to the wedding cake. Visit the MDCV group online store, or directly in the wine estates, to discover our selection of Provence wines .